Learn how to use the DataSnipper tool's document matching and manual snipping features to help you perform and document your subsequent review procedures.
In this video, you will learn how to perform subsequent receipts procedures.
Here you can download the workbook shown in the video including all of the sample data and documents
Here you can download a blank version of the workbook shown in the video to use or customize for your own procedures.
- Supporting evidence over delivery of goods/services and receipt of payment.
- Bank statement showing date of cash receipt (optional)
- Listing from your client's source system
- Start by arranging your client listing in a table format. You will want to ensure you have the transaction amount, any delivery dates or payment dates available, and a unique customer reference to allow you to reconcile the documents.
- Import your supporting evidence including proof of delivery, and the proof of payment receipt such as a cheque. If you would also like to check the date of payment you can include a bank statement optionally.
- Click the document matching button in the DataSnipper toolbar.
- Configure the document matching test by letting the tool know which row your headers are located in and which columns to output the snipped data in.
- Click the match all rows button. Once the matching is completed you can review the output by moving through the snipped cells.
- Use the text snip to extract any other data which you didn't have in your listing e.g. the delivery date.
- Document conclusions over whether the accounts receivable balance was correctly included or not.
You can use DataSnipper to perform a full AR cut-off procedures, please click here to learn more
Sharing the file
- You can choose to exclude all documents before saving the workbook in your audit file, by selecting the include/exclude documents toggle.
- You have some options to delete specific documents, please click here to learn more.