This page will be updated with the latest versions of DataSnipper we release and will clarify what we have changed in each version.
Release Date: February 22, 2024
- Fixed an issue where table headers were removed upon reopening a document.
- Updated the welcome window and onboarding messaging.
- Fixed an issue where importing the same document from the same path did not produce an error message.
- Addressed an issue where renaming a document in the document viewer did not work in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue where pagination did not appear in the Document viewer if the imported document had fewer than 10 pages.
- Fixed an issue where renaming a form extraction by double-clicking on the tile was not working.
- Addressed an issue where field names in invoice extraction appeared without spaces in the Excel workbook.
- Addressed an issue where editing a cell value for exception and validation snip did not overwrite the cell content with the user's choice.
- Addressed an issue related to exporting documents with long text spread across multiple pages, resulting in an error where the export did not work.
- Addressed an issue where an FSS project would not open properly due to an exception error.
- Addressed an issue where the flyout comment input box and "automated comment" text were cut off in some scaling scenarios.
- Addressed an issue where group tick marks in Mathematical Accuracy did not update rotation from the group flyout.
- Addressed an issue where the version compare statement box did not move after moving a grouped PY tickmark.
- Addressed an issue where exporting a project with an extension in the name was not saved as .dsfss.
Release Date: January 10, 2024
- Introducing contract and receipt extraction, similar to our invoice extraction feature, for more efficient document processing. Part of AI Suite.
- New table header recognition capability allows for better accuracy and user-adjustable recognition in tables.
Release Date: December 14, 2023
- Issue with converting files included in the workbook from the old version to v6 is resolved
- Issue with formulas referencing multiple sheets was broken in the last version. It is now resolved.
Release Date: November 17, 2023
- DataSnipper Co-authoring
- With the newly updated data storage, DataSnipper now allows multiple users to create, update, and delete Snips on the same workbook in real-time.
- For simultaneous editing and collaborative work, users need to import documents to the same SharePoint folder.
- Workbooks can now be converted to be compatible with older versions (v5.1x or lower).
- Table Snip: New 'Snip All Tables' option allows users to extract all tables from a document with page numbers.
- Table Snip: User experience improved for adjusting the sizes of columns and rows in table snips.
- OCR recognition for Hebrew, Greek, and Arabic has been significantly improved for accuracy.
Financial Statement Suite (FSS):
- FSS is decoupled from Excel and can be launched separately.
- Added drag cursor to the built-in calculator and flyout.
- The document drop-down has been removed from the Version Comparison page. Now, the comparison is always done between the current and previous versions of the current year document.
- PDF export now includes custom tickmarks in the legend.
- The left click on the index does not apply the correct tickmark automatically and opens a flyout to allow users to define the tickmark.
- IC algorithm has been improved to produce better results when some notes missing in the document.
- Export and import project functionality has been added.
- Project list view has been added to make it easier to access previously created projects.
- The new built-in calculator is accessible across all test pages.
- FSS Document Viewer has been completely rewritten.
- All the FSS data is stored in the APPDATA/DataSnipper/FSS folder
Release Date: September 7, 2023
- Resolved a bug related to date and time formatting in shared documents across multiple regions, ensuring consistent date formats.
- Fixed an issue where the document viewer in the view-only version was not opening properly after user license validation.
Release Date: July 5, 2023
- Licensing for the version compare feature has been updated. It is now accessible when FSS is enabled.
- We have rectified a problem where users encountered issues when deleting and redoing multiple snips in the same cell.
- An issue with renaming extractions and information not displaying correctly in the popup window has been fixed.
- Updated the DataSnipper licensing to work with new packaging, each feature now has more granular feature flagging to show/hide the button.
- Fixed an issue whereby the document viewer would sometimes not show if "Include PDFs" was turned off.
- Fixed an issue whereby Table snipping was adding characters to negative values
- Updated the "Parts" column of the "Find All Sums" output to be accurate
- Removed the "Create Folder" option from the import menu
- Fixed snip data serialization issue when multiple workbooks are opened at the same time.
- Fixed snip data serialization when multiple workbooks are opened at the same time.
- Fixed backward compatibility issue for workbooks with linked PDFs.
- Fixed backward compatibility issue for workbooks created with DataSnipper v1.2 or lower.
- Fixed issue where document matching didn't work for strings with fewer than 4 characters.
- Resolved issue in FSS where annotations on scrollbar were not showing.
- Fixed backwards compatibility issue for document level automation not showing in the FSS.
- Fixed a bug where OCR was not working on rotated texts,
- Users can now rotate the page & OCR will work.
- Fixed a bug where the xml of Document Matching templates could become corrupted.
- Improved consistency of popups in the Document Organizer
- Improved synchronisation of document viewer drop down selectors when a document is removed.
- Added semi-automated workflow where DataSnipper FSS now adds suggestions and the user must click these suggestions to add tick marks.
- Importing a file for the first time
- Deleting a range of snips
- Export folder opening in the background
- Form extraction templates now has a scroll viewer
- Version compare button in the ribbon (where applicable) is now visible before a file is imported
- File naming now has relevant restrictions and matches the windows standards, this fixes Excel crashing issues.
- Now only allow setting digits in the repeat table snip dialog box
- Fixed a bug where Forcing Same Page in document matching would force it for all columns instead of the column it was set on
- Fixed a bug where some message boxes were blocking Excel actions
- When the OCR fails, now we can see the appropriate error message/condition
- Right-clicking no longer deselects the items on the document organizer
- Imported folders are now properly displayed in the document organizer.
- Its now possible to create a snip within a snip
- Solves issue were it is not possible to import documents from certain workbooks, often this is related to the location of the workbook. You can benefit from this version if you see a
System.NotSupportedException in your log file.
- Improvements to Document organiser UX and Command Menu.
- Fixed issue where the CTRL + V Shortcut being blocked in excel when the "Paste to import" setting was turned on.
- Fixed issue where message-boxes were consistently being shown as transparent.
- Fixed issue where exclude PDFs caused exporting functionality not to work in some cases.
- Performance improvements for deleting sheets.
- Fixed issue where no indexing of dates larger than the year 2100 was causing document matching to not pickup some text.
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Insider Release: 1 December 2022
- Release: 1 March 2023
- Updated look and feel included automated output column selection and feedback on match configuration errors.
- Added option for % threshold
- Added option for fuzzy text matching
- Added option to force match on same row/page
- New feature allowing for you to save your document match as a template.
- Retain your match and the related excel sheet for later use.
- Access to a featured template library provided by DataSnipper with a range of common procedures.
- Ability for authorized users to share company templates across the organization.
- New feature to enable document management in DataSnipper.
- Drag and drop to import all recognized file types and folders
- Create folders to use in other features
- Filter and sort your documents using metadata such as import data, file status, or size.
- Search your documents and easily find the correct groupings to add to folders.
- Updated UI
- New snipping toolbar for changing snip type on second screen
- Page selector added
- Folder and document dropdown selectors which link to Document organizer.
- Updated rotation so all rotation options now cause reindexing in new orientation for more accurate snipping.
- Updated the "show viewer in second screen" experience with option to switch directly in the viewer and responsive UI.
- Update user level settings in DataSnipper to tailor to your preferences.
- Configure "General Settings" which apply whenever you work with DataSnipper or "Workbook settings" which are retained at the workbook level.
- Option to be notified vs. auto applying OCR.
- Option for enable/disable of paste to import using the CTRL + V keyboard shortcut.
- Option to enable/disable showing the learning track invite on opening DataSnipper.
- Option to enable/disable table snip suggestions shown on the page for a specific workbook.
- New control for "Include all PDFs" in the workbook.
- Table snip suggestions now visible when any type of Snip is selected
- Featured templates are now accessible within Form Extraction
- Bug fixes for backward compatibility
- Improved speed and reliability of FSS
- Fixed issues with tickmarks drawing over each other
- Fixed snip selection issue with one snip inside another.
- Improved indexing process accuracy
- Fixed a bug where concept text messes with table detection.
- UI error bug fixes
- Grey screen document viewer issue now resolved
- Financial statement suite speed improvement
Financial Statement Suite v4.1
- 1 June 2022: Insider Release
- 1 September 2022: Release
- Internal Consistency and Prior Year Consistency now give suggestions
- Mathematical Accuracy algorithm has been improved for more accuracy.
- Automatic tickmark transfer algorithm has been added to move tickmarks between versions
- Updated look and feel
- Findings sidebar summarising all issues in the FS and providing a "to-do" list for your tick and tie.
- Comment and Version sidebar
- Default tickmark changes possible at company level.
- Custom tickmarks can be added per user.
- Flyout menus added for updating tickmarks/comments/rotation.
- Auto tickmark application for all functions
- Enhanced ability to review tickmarks placed
- 1 June 2022: Insider Release
- 1 September 2022: Release
- Updated look and feel
- Changed editing keys from clicking to snipping
- Updated layout of extractions editing, document view, and data preview
- Document selector so you can choose which imported files to apply form extraction to.
- Save form extractions as templates so you can reuse them later if you receive more similarly structured documents
- Templates are stored locally and only include metadata
- Add descriptions and tags to track what exactly was extracted in the template.
- Landing page updated to allow you to select specific templates.
- Suggestions over where tables exist in current documents
- Extract highlighted table with a single-click
- Improved column and row recognition algorithms
- Multiple page table extraction and editing is also added within this feature
- Text Recognition will enhance the quality of the PDF text by default
- Text Recognition supports all languages in Latin, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanse, and Korean scripts
- Handwritten Text Recognition supports English, Chinese Simplified, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Lower memory and CPU footprint
- Performance improvements by caching indexes locally
- Gray / Blank PDF viewer issue is solved
DataSnipper v4.0.11 - Enterprise Release
- Fixed bug where documents with snips could not be deleted from the workbook. This bug only occurred in v4.0.9.
- Resolve issues where spaces are not written for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages
- Resolve issues where Integrations could crash
- Resolve issues where the export location of tickmarks was incorrect for the Financial Statement Suite
- Allow Disabling of CTRL+V and CTRL+Z based hotkeys on a per-company basis to increase compatibility with other add-ins.
- Fix an issue where the old snips are not correctly deleted from the worksheet when performing Document Matching.
- Removed compression prompt during importing.
- User is warned when reaching over 50MB, 100MB, and 150MB, etc (same as in DataSnipper v3).
- Fonts no longer are deleted during compression.
- Document Matching Row Height dropdown does not reach over the task pane anymore.
- Fix issue where files containing special characters in the title are not deleted
- Compression issues fixed where it would display as negative compression %
- Added better support for parsing email files (.eml and .msg)
- Get Text/Table Snip values from the Index
- Solved cross workbook use of Control+Z to undo snipping
- Added possibility to use Version Comparison for single-column layout in Financial Statement Suite
- Solved issue where CTRL + Z did not function in non-English language settings
- Add possibility to pass license as a parameter to the .msi installer
- Form Extraction gives preference to dates in local format
- 1 August 2021: Preview Release
- 1 September 2021: SMB Release
- 1 December 2021: Enterprise Release
- Document: if you have e.g. 10 documents with the same structure you can extract different data across those 10 document with a single action.
- Pages: With 'page' extraction you can extract structured data across one document with multiple pages.
- Lines: With line extraction, you can extract structured data across different lines on the same page, e.g. a bank statement.
- Solved issue where text snip pasted double text, this only occurred in rare instances.
- 1 February 2021: Preview release
- 1 Marchj 2021: SMB Release
- 1 June 2021: Enterprise Release
- Form Extraction
- Table Snip multiple Pages
- Improvements for Document Matching and Find all Sums
- Export with Snips and comments
- User metrics dashboard
- Text Recognition supports 73 languages
- Solves issues with ‘Waiting for OLE connection’ message caused in combination with certain other Excel Add-ins
- Removes 'Audited with DataSnipper' tag
- Improved speed and reliability
- Performance improvements Text Recognition and Document Matching
- Text Recognition has improved supports for English, Dutch, German, France, Spanish, and Portuguese
- DataSnipper Add-in is never disabled by Excel.
- Saving of snips and documents is completely resilient.