Easily install DataSnipper Platform and get your organization ready to start Snipping
- The installation link is provided to you by a DataSnipper contact. Please reach out to us if you haven't received yours. (e.g. DataSnipper Installer Vx.x.x.zip)
- Microsoft Excel installed, works with all versions from 2010 and up (32 bits or 64 bits)
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (VSTO) is installed. If you don't know if VSTO is installed, you can assume it is installed. If not, install from the following location: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56961
You do not need to remove older versions of DataSnipper, as they are deleted after installing a newer version.
Recommended system requirements of DataSnipper
Below you can find the recommended system requirements for DataSnipper. Please note that DataSnipper will run on a system with lower specifications, however, these system requirements are highly recommended for a smooth experience.
- Windows Operating system
- Microsoft Excel 2010 or later
- 8GB RAM
- 2.5GHz Processor
- 200Mb free storage space
- Active internet connection
Installing DataSnipper - Setup.msi
Download the setup package from the installation link
Unzip the setup package (e.g. DataSnipper Installer Vx.x.x.zip) In the setup package you will find the following files:
- Installation notes.pdf
DataSnipper's default installation directory is C:/Program Files (x86)/DataSnipper. For 64-Bit Office installations, please install DataSnipper to C:/Program Files/DataSnipper.
Other installation directories may not function as intended.
3. Run Setup.msi, follow the steps in the installation wizard to install DataSnipper. If you encounter any problem make sure to unzip the installation package and Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (VSTO) is installed.
If you want to deploy DataSnipper for multiple users through the command line or without a separate license file, please read here further.
Open Microsoft Excel and DataSnipper should be visible in the Microsoft Excel Ribbon! Import any file by clicking Import Documents and check if the document shows up.
If this is not the case, try enabling DataSnipper.