Learn how to document and perform procedures over payroll using the DataSnipper tool.
Here you can download the workbook shown in the video including all of the sample data and documents.
Here you can download a blank version of the workbook shown in the video to use or customise for your own procedures.
- Payroll master data file from your client's HR system
- Payslip run
- Screenshots or bank statement showing payroll payment
- Employee contracts
- Begin by setting up a table to document your testing procedures and inserting the Payroll master data.
- Reconcile your payroll data to the payslip run by clicking document matching, configure your document matching test by selecting: the document group with your payslips, the header row, and your input and output columns.
- Click match all rows to complete the reconciliation and review the output by scrolling through the snipped cells.
- You can calculate the total per the payslip run by using the Sum Snip, you can then tie this to the total per the system screenshot or bank statement by using the Text Snip.
- Reconcile the details to an individual employee contract by using the smart search functionality to find the correct contract per the employee's name or employee ID. You can then use the Text Snip to extract data from the contract or the Validation Snip to evidence signature of the contract.
Sharing the file
- You can choose to exclude all documents before saving the workbook in your audit file, by selecting the include/exclude documents toggle.
- You have some options to delete specific documents, please click here to learn more.