Learn how to use DataSnipper to perform and document over batch payments with Form Extraction and Document Matching.
Choose your DataSnipper version:
Here you can download the workbook shown in the video including all of the sample data and documents.
Here you can download a blank version of the workbook shown in the video to use or customise for your own procedures.
- Batch payment statements
- Individual invoices
- Bank statement showing batch payments
- Listing of invoices from your client's system.
- Start by creating two testing tables, one to reconcile the invoices to the batch statement and another to reconcile the batch statement to the bank statement.
- Import your supporting evidence including Invoices, Batch Payment listing and Bank Statements.
- Click on Document Organizer and create folders for each type of document.
- Click on Document Matching and “Start new Document Matching”. Then, select your sample data. If your sample data includes headers, check the "First row includes headers" box.
- Select Use document folders & check the Invoices and Batch payments listing folder.
- Cross check the output columns and adjust them according to your procedure. Then, simply click "Match all rows" and DataSnipper will automatically match the input and output columns for you.
- Once the match is complete, you can review the output by moving through the snipped cells.
Reconcile Batch Payment data to Bank Statements
- Use Form Extraction to extract the batch listing data into Excel, in case you don't already have the listing.
- Navigate to Form Extraction in the DataSnipper Ribbon and select you batch statements.
- Perform your needed snips on the first document and export to Excel.
- To finalize you reconciliation re-open Document Matching and configure this test as we did above, reconciling the Batch data to the Bank Statement folder.
- Inspect the output by clicking through the snipped cells.
DataSnipper version 4.0 and earlier
Sharing the file
- You can choose to exclude all documents before saving the workbook in your audit file, by selecting the include/exclude documents toggle.
- You have some options to delete specific documents, please click here to learn more.