Learn how to use DataSnipper to automate your sample testing procedures for an operational audit using Document Matching
Here you can download the workbook shown in the video including all of the sample data and documents.
- Sample data
- Supporting documents
- Professional or Enterprise package
1. Start by arranging your sample data in a table format. You will want to ensure you have all the relevant details you're looking to inspect. In our example we are looking to inspect Supplier details to verify compliance with GRI requirements as part of an ESG Readiness audit.
2. Import your supporting documents. In this example we will import Letters of Intent.
3. Click the document matching button in the DataSnipper toolbar.
4. Configure your document matching test by clicking on 'Start new document matching' and selecting your sample data
5. Select the documents you wish to reconcile. In the event you are looking to reconcile individual documents
6. Select the desired output columns in which the snipped outputs are to be included.
7. Click the match all rows button. Once the matching is completed you can review the output by moving through the snipped cells.
8. Navigate through the various snips and use the Validation or Exception snip to inspect your samples for judgemental aspects of your tests.
Sharing the file
- You can choose to exclude all documents before saving the workbook in your audit file, by selecting the include/exclude documents toggle.
- You have some options to delete specific documents, please click here to learn more.