Learn how to use the Company Templates feature within Form Extraction to share your saved templates across your organization.
About Form Extraction
Use DataSnipper to extract relevant data from documents with the same layout. Simply Snip all data fields from one document and DataSnipper applies the same logic to other documents. It's like a robot that multiplies your efforts.
Company templates are only available for DataSnipper version 4.1 and later. Please contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about DS version 4.1.
What's new in version 4.1?
In version 4.1, Form Extraction includes saving your extractions as templates. The saved templates will be stored in the "My Templates" tab locally and can be used in the future. You can also share your saved templates across your organization which will appear in the "Company Templates" tab.
- DataSnipper v4.1 and later
- Users with the "Owner" role in the Metrics Dashboard are able to see the "Templates" tab.
- Having a saved template in the "My Templates" tab.
Before creating company templates, please contact your Customer Success Manager and request to have the "Owner" role on your company Dashboard.
- Right-click your saved template from the "My Templates" folder and click "Download template".
- Once the download is complete, go to the Documents folder on your PC.
- You will see a folder called DataSnipper. Click on the DataSnipper folder and click on the Templates folder.
- Once you confirm your template is there, go to https://dashboard.datasnipper.com/
- Click on the Templates tab on the upper ribbon of your Metrics Dashboard.
- Click on Add Template
- Choose the .XML file you want to publish from your Templates folder.
- Fill in all the required information, including template name, template description, and target documents (type of documents you want to extract e.g. bank statement, confirmation response).
- If you want to review your template before publishing: click on Save, and download it from the Templates Manager page in the Metrics Dashboard.
- Once you are done reviewing your template, click on Save & Publish. The template will be published and visible to everyone across your organization.
After you save & publish your company template, you need to restart your Excel to see the changes you made.